Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Time to shake things up a bit..

In the next 30 days.. my predictions

Max Fried/TDA Traded to the dodgers for
    Josue De Paula OF & Brusdar Graterol RHP
    With the assumption that an agreed up extension is in place.

Why? Max isnÂ’t coming back. We arenÂ’t a contender. You Maximize your return on Fried. HeÂ’s a CA boy, grew up loving the Dodgers. LA gives us a nice return for the exclusive chance to sign Maxy, without competing offers.

Ozuna, Chavez, & Iglesias to Orioles for
    Random Bad Contract, Chayce McDermott RHP & Dylan Beavers OF

The OÂ’s Bullpen is bad. They have an amazing team and the depth to make a run at it and continue to compete in the future. This trade gives them some flexibility in the bullpen and one of the hottest DHÂ’s in the League.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Ân iñterestiñg põst.
    Forever Fredi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-09-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,807 Posts
    No.

We've saw how the playoffs are a crap shoot. Fried and sale could carry this little league offense to the WS

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Sorry, some weird bug that occurred in place of ‘ just not fixing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,807 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allstar34bd View Post
    Sorry, some weird bug that occurred in place of ‘ just not fixing it.
    You're speaking with my #2 personality that even though I'm really discouraged, I keep having a feeling this braves team is gonna be the 2019 nats. Fried, Lopez, and sale are gonna be scherzer, stras, and Corbin, and Riley and ozuna are gonna be rendon and Soto

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,135 Posts
    If this team can limp into the playoffs they are the team you dont wamma face bc if the bats ever get hot they will be dangerous

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    If this team can limp into the playoffs they are the team you dont wamma face bc if the bats ever get hot they will be dangerous
    I know I don't post here; but I've been a member since the Scout.com days. I'm not trying to be argumentative when I reply. No Trolling here.

But.. Do you think it's worth the risk of totally checking out and losing Max and value of other tradable, no essential pieces in a down year?
    We have continue to lose to significantly worse teams, even comparing lineups after all injuries we shouldn't be losing this much. I think the team has lost all confidence in winning and has pretty much given up.

Just my opinion from watching the games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,135 Posts
    I know I don't post here; but I've been a member since the Scout.com days. I'm not trying to be argumentative when I reply. No Trolling here.

But.. Do you think it's worth the risk of totally checking out and losing Max and value of other tradable, no essential pieces in a down year?
    We have continue to lose to significantly worse teams, even comparing lineups after all injuries we shouldn't be losing this much. I think the team has lost all confidence in winning and has pretty much given up.

AA wont throw in the hat. The powers that be (his bosses) wont allow it with how much money they have invested.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,418 Posts
    Where is the trade twit and seltzer for yesterdays leftovers.
    Coppy

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Bump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,757 Posts
    I am onboard with selling although we know if wont happen. Let me counter the proposed trades because De Paula wont be ready for years and we need to be selling with an eye towards next year. I propose Fried/Minter for Andy Pages, Daulton Rushing, and Trey Sweeney. Pages gives us a cheap RH OF bat, Rushing can be the more traditional platoon with Murphy. Sweeney is a LH SS at AAA more suited for 3B or 2B but could spit time with Arcia to lessen that burden on the lineup. Morton to Houston for Alonzo Tredwell and Jacob Amaya. I dont know what Morton would be open to a trade but if he was to anywhere I am sure Houston is a place he would prefer given his time there. Houston certainly needs to fill their rotation. I feel like getting much more than a salary dump from Morton is asking a lot. Tredwell is a future reliever lottery pick. Amaya is your David Eckstein grinder. Just now hitting the majors with very limited upside but can play all the INF positions well. Very much the opposite of most of our hitters which imo is why we want him. Can compete with Sweeney to hopefully steal at bats from Arcia. Lastly Iglesias/Bummer for Dylan Beavers. The Orioles are stingy and 16 million for Iglesias might be too rich for them. Beavers is a good prospect so I think we eat 8 million on Iglesias contract next year to more enticing. The O's premium closer wont have to be rushed back next year with them having Iglesias.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 06-12-2024 at 10:26 AM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,807 Posts
    Braves are still the #1 WC while absolutely nothing is going right. Punting is ridiculous

14. The Following User Says Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

Carp (06-12-2024)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Braves are still the #1 WC while absolutely nothing is going right. Punting is ridiculous
    everyone knows the Braves are not punting. But it is still fun to do.
    Coppy

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,905 Posts

We are going to get a draft pick for Fried. Rentals just don't command much at the deadline like they did a decade ago. The team would have to seriously **** the bed to be out of contention in a month. The current 3rd WC team is a sub .500 team.
    Last edited by thewupk; 06-12-2024 at 12:37 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,046 Posts

We are still on pace for 88 wins while playing like **** for over a month. We aren't this bad. We simply aren't. Most of our hitters have too long of a track record of success to think that they will continue to hit this bad all season. Our pitching staff, minus the 5th spot, has been very good as well. It would be incredibly dumb to mail it in this year.

And even if we can't resign Fried, we will tag him and he will bring back a comp pick in return. So we will get something for him regardless.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    We are still on pace for 88 wins while playing like **** for over a month. We aren't this bad. We simply aren't. Most of our hitters have too long of a track record of success to think that they will continue to hit this bad all season. Our pitching staff, minus the 5th spot, has been very good as well. It would be incredibly dumb to mail it in this year.

And even if we can't resign Fried, we will tag him and he will bring back a comp pick in return. So we will get something for him regardless.

Make like USPS and mail it. The team has quit... during the next win streak Snit will announce his retirement at year end.