Results 23,001 to 23,019 of 23019

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,486 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    What QBs are performing at 45? Yes, Brady was pretty good later in his career but still saw a dropoff....but it was a dropoff from the GOAT to a decent starter. Rodgers held on a little bit but dropped off in the 30s. Other pro bowl type QBs are dropping off in the early-to-mid 30s.

The best you can realistically hope for Penix is a 8-10 stretch (assuming he sits 1-2 years). Is that worth it when you just paid a billion dollars for a QB? That makes no sense to me.
    Health plays the biggest factor to QBs aging. Peyton couldn't do it because of his neck injury. Brees played to 41, Brady to 45, Favre to 41, that doesn't mean every QB can play into their 40s. But I think the idea that QBs have a finite window is wrong. Every QB ages differently. Some guys age much more gracefully than others. Rodgers won an MVP at 38 (Allen should have won though, threw for more yards, ran for more yards, had more total TDs, was sacked for less yards and less times, only advantage rodgers had was turnovers and it was a big one. But that shouldn't determine the MVP. Rodgers was the most efficient QB that year, but if Purdy couldn't win it being the most efficient in 2023 why should Rodgers have won in 2021)

I wouldn't count on Penix playing past 30 though.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,943 Posts
    Those are some QBs not many. And probably the greatest group to ever play
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,486 Posts
    More AIyuk scuttlebutt happening. Seems like he's doing the whole pay me or trade me thing. Wonder what the Niners would do. I'd trade him personally. He's a very good receiver but he's not elite. They just got Ricky Pearsall who won't be as good now, but could easily replace him long term.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    More AIyuk scuttlebutt happening. Seems like he's doing the whole pay me or trade me thing. Wonder what the Niners would do. I'd trade him personally. He's a very good receiver but he's not elite. They just got Ricky Pearsall who won't be as good now, but could easily replace him long term.
    I don't think he has any leverage to demand a trade. San Fran quite clearly is focused on running the offense through McCaffrey, given his extension. And they have Deebo as WR1 if Aiyuk sits out. And Jennings could probably step into a WR2 role pretty well. He was looking like the SB MVP before Mahomes worked his magic.

I think Aiyuk caves and gets tagged and traded next off-season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,927 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I don't think he has any leverage to demand a trade. San Fran quite clearly is focused on running the offense through McCaffrey, given his extension. And they have Deebo as WR1 if Aiyuk sits out. And Jennings could probably step into a WR2 role pretty well. He was looking like the SB MVP before Mahomes worked his magic.

I think Aiyuk caves and gets tagged and traded next off-season.
    49ers are all in for next year to win with Purdy's contract.

They drafted replacements all over the offense in this draft for the 25-26 season. I think given the opportunity (1st/3rd) they'd trade Aiyuk tomorrow. Just don't think that trade is sitting out there.

Also think thye are going to significantly reduce CMAC's workload this year to help his longevity.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    49ers are all in for next year to win with Purdy's contract.

They drafted replacements all over the offense in this draft for the 25-26 season. I think given the opportunity (1st/3rd) they'd trade Aiyuk tomorrow. Just don't think that trade is sitting out there.

Also think thye are going to significantly reduce CMAC's workload this year to help his longevity.
    Imo, that would be dumb given the life of RBs. Get as much out of him as you can while he is good and while the team is good. You are already committed to the contract anyways. IF he gets you another #1 seed and a chance at another SB, then who cares if sucks next 2 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,943 Posts
    I dont think you can’t get a single first rounder for BA. Maybe a 2.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,927 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I dont think you can’t get a single first rounder for BA. Maybe a 2.
    I think it would be fairly easy to get a first personally. Aiyuk is amazing.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,927 Posts
    Imo, that would be dumb given the life of RBs. Get as much out of him as you can while he is good and while the team is good. You are already committed to the contract anyways. IF he gets you another #1 seed and a chance at another SB, then who cares if sucks next 2 years.
    His ability to be a top flight receiver out of the backfield extends his useful life.

Need a lead guy to take every other or every third drive off of his hands and then in playoffs expand his workload.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,486 Posts
    I think it would be fairly easy to get a first personally. Aiyuk is amazing.
    Maybe in an in season trade for a contender who lost their 1 or 2. Aiyuk is a late first round pick who has only put up 1K+ yards 2 of the 4 years he was in the NFL and has never reached double digit TDs. Last year was the first year he showed to be a top WR. With only 1 year left a team isn't incentivized to trade for him unless they need a non-elite 1. probably will be good enough to pick late in the first, and have the cap room or coming cap room to extend him.

Aiyuk isn't Ceedee Lamb who's a FA at the same time. He'll be the second fiddle period. Technically 3rd but Jetta already extended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,927 Posts
    Maybe in an in season trade for a contender who lost their 1 or 2. Aiyuk is a late first round pick who has only put up 1K+ yards 2 of the 4 years he was in the NFL and has never reached double digit TDs. Last year was the first year he showed to be a top WR. With only 1 year left a team isn't incentivized to trade for him unless they need a non-elite 1. probably will be good enough to pick late in the first, and have the cap room or coming cap room to extend him.

Aiyuk isn't Ceedee Lamb who's a FA at the same time. He'll be the second fiddle period. Technically 3rd but Jetta already extended.
    He is in a completely different offense that doesn't throw as much as all the teams in the league.

Surprisingly he has his best year when he has his best QB play.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,943 Posts
    I just don’t think anyone will pay that.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,054 Posts
    The problem the Niners are gonna run into between now and the start of the season is that most teams simply don't have the cap space to trade for Aiyuk. And the ones that do are not really top tier contenders that would be ok with giving up a 1 for Aiyuk and then extending him. The time to trade Aiyuk to get the most value was before the draft. And it's possible they tried to, but the value wasn't there.

At this point, I think the only way the Niners come away with a 1 us if they do a pick swap. Like maybe the Colts giving up a 1 and a 4 for Aiyuk and a 2nd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,927 Posts
    The problem the Niners are gonna run into between now and the start of the season is that most teams simply don't have the cap space to trade for Aiyuk. And the ones that do are not really top tier contenders that would be ok with giving up a 1 for Aiyuk and then extending him. The time to trade Aiyuk to get the most value was before the draft. And it's possible they tried to, but the value wasn't there.

At this point, I think the only way the Niners come away with a 1 us if they do a pick swap. Like maybe the Colts giving up a 1 and a 4 for Aiyuk and a 2nd.
    I think they can let him play out the year and then franchise him right?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,943 Posts
    The tag for BA would be astronomical
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,054 Posts
    That seems much more likely, imo. I don't think Aiyuk has enough leverage to sit out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,486 Posts
    Franchise? FT for a WR in 2024 will be around 22M. Niners right now in 2025 are projected to be 26M over the cap. Franchise and trade maybe but no one would give up a 1 for that. If the niners have to trade Aiyuk or cut/restructure so many players. So they won't have much trade leverage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,486 Posts
    https://www.dexerto.com/twitch/san-f...eveal-2797658/

Damn thethe, first you have Giddey on your Thunder trolling highschool girls for ass. Niners partner was trying to **** a minor at Twitchcon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,927 Posts
    https://www.dexerto.com/twitch/san-f...eveal-2797658/

Damn thethe, first you have Giddey on your Thunder trolling highschool girls for ass. Niners partner was trying to **** a minor at Twitchcon.
    Clearly poor judgement on my part
    Natural Immunity Croc