Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trade targets?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,807 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I mean, if you could make it work, then I like him as a last push for a title type candidate.. He is a bulldog and should be someone you could count on if healthy in Oct.

Let look.. making 43 million.. Mets paying 20 million this year (lol) So the rangers are paying roughly 23 mill for him. That makes them eating a lot of the ~20 million remaining for the year more doable I guess. But will the rangers be sellers? he is coming back Jacob coming back.. that is something I would like if I could even get the WC in the AL.
    Not sure. I read/heard somewhere they were, but it coulda been in a bar haha.

They're in 3rd place in west 6.5 games back, and 4.5 back from final WC with 4 teams ahead of them.

I'm just pretty scared that our big 3 aren't exactly a lock to be available some October. How many innings can sale and Lopez even throw this season?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Should the braves consider max scherzer?
    Texas would have to eat almost the entirety of the contract. That's a lot of dead money for them to eat, as I'm sure a team like the Padres or Red Sox would be more than willing to take on the entire salary for practically nothing.

I can't see it happening.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-24-2024)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    496 Posts
    I suspect the Braves are trying to do something creative… like including David Fletchers salary (or someone else) to extend the money available. I think AA is a genius at finding ways to get things done that seem impossible to us.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mfree80 For This Useful Post:

Carp (06-25-2024), jpx7 (06-24-2024)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,008 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    I suspect the Braves are trying to do something creative… like including David Fletchers salary (or someone else) to extend the money available. I think AA is a genius at finding ways to get things done that seem impossible to us.
    I suppose he could swap one of our bad contracts for someone else's bad contract, but picking up bad contracts in the first place has limited the flexibility, especially because the Braves are bumped up against the highest luxury tax tier as Enscheff pointed out up the thread.

This is still a very good team that hasn't played its best baseball. Some tweaks needed and I wouldn't put it past them to try and add someone to the bullpen even though on paper it doesn't appear to be as a high a priority as a better RHH outfielder and an upgrade at shortstop if Arcia continues to flounder.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,158 Posts
    Or they could just move the draft pick down and try to win the WS.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (Yesterday)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts
    Wonder how expensive Taylor Ward would be

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,880 Posts
    Anyone of interest from the Cubs? They are fading fast
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,486 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Anyone of interest from the Cubs? They are fading fast
    Ian Happ is someone who's a solid LF option as is Seiya Suzuki a solid RF option. I don't know if we're sticking with Kelenic but considering that we always seem to have an OF who's hurt Happ could be an interesting one to bring in to improve our team now (Kelenic going to RF) and next year provides depth in the outfield or moves Kelenic to our 4th OF depending on who we like. He's expensive though

Suzuki isn't a great defender which is a problem because he doesn't hit well enough for how ehh his defense is. But if we can trade for him for his value (3 WAR player) he could be a reliable corner OF for the next few years.

I wouldn't give up anything significant.

Looking at their pitching, someone like Mark Leiter Jr would be interesting to take a flyer on as his peripherals are good. Could be a decent middle releiver if he could be had for a reasonable price.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Ian Happ is someone who's a solid LF option as is Seiya Suzuki a solid RF option. I don't know if we're sticking with Kelenic but considering that we always seem to have an OF who's hurt Happ could be an interesting one to bring in to improve our team now (Kelenic going to RF) and next year provides depth in the outfield or moves Kelenic to our 4th OF depending on who we like. He's expensive though

Suzuki isn't a great defender which is a problem because he doesn't hit well enough for how ehh his defense is. But if we can trade for him for his value (3 WAR player) he could be a reliable corner OF for the next few years.

I wouldn't give up anything significant.

Looking at their pitching, someone like Mark Leiter Jr would be interesting to take a flyer on as his peripherals are good. Could be a decent middle releiver if he could be had for a reasonable price.
    Why exactly do you think we may not be sticking with Kelenic? He’s been our best OFer and second best hitter on the team… not to mention he’s under control for a while and we moved 1000 pieces to get him
    Last edited by zbhargrove; Yesterday at 09:23 AM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

Hudson2 (Yesterday), jpx7 (Yesterday), Tapate50 (Yesterday)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,486 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Why exactly do you think we may not be sticking with Kelenic? He’s been our best OFer and second best hitter on the team… not to mention he’s under control for a while and we moved 1000 pieces to get him
    Because he could slip. Him being the second best hitter when Olsen, Albies and Riley are sucking and Acuna is out isn't an award.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,163 Posts
    I think it's fairly logical to assume Harris will play everyday, Kelenic will at least face every RHP, and Duvall will face every LHP. It's probably safe to pencil Laureano in vs every LHP as well.

That leaves someone to bat against RHP and play a cOF position. I feel like that guy shouldn't be too expensive, and planning for anything else may be a misappropriation of resources for an organization that doesn't really have much in the way of prospect capital to spend.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (Today)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,807 Posts
    Is there anyone looking for a catcher? Maybe TDA could help land us someone to upgrade OF or SS.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Is there anyone looking for a catcher? Maybe TDA could help land us someone to upgrade OF or SS.
    This would work if the Braves had WC. But with meth head not liking the summer it might not be a good idea
    Coppy