Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 1959

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,905 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    My apologies for misunderstanding you were talking about your friend. I haven't lapped up everything Disney Star Wars related minus RoS. I don't care for Kenobi, Book of Boba Fett, I'm glad the Cara Dune project was cancelled because that was going to be ****. A handful of other projects that were intended for kids I never watched and I did watch Resistance but didn't really care about it except for I loved Donald Faison's rodian. And there were many comics and other things I haven't jumped in on. I Also am largely out on TFA now. I still can watch it but I realize how shallow it was and how much of a waste of a movie it was because 0 character development happened.

Prequel Hate wasn't just Phantom Menace. Attack of the Clones was hated. THe I don't like Sand has become memefied to what people like. But it was heavily criticized back then.

I"ve said it a billion times I wouldn't have written the Force Awakens the way they did. To me it was not the wisest choice to leave Luke on the sidelines and make a map to find him the MacGuffin. Especially when in the big picture of it, where the Empire already basically had everything mapped out so really the First Order could have been sending ships with probe droids to that area and have them scout all the areas for signs of him. I understand space is massive yada yada yada. But the fact it wasn't a strategy implies the First Order is so smart and powerfu lthey know exactly who has the map to skywalker but so dump they couldn't send probe droids to see the part of the map no one else had.

That being said with what happened in TFA you have to explain why Luke wasn't there. Why wasn't he hopping in his X-Wing when he felt millions of people die when they destroyed Hosnian Prime? Well if he's not connected to the force he wouldn't know they died, if he's totalled his X-Wing he wouldn't leave. All logical jumps and aren't a defeat of his character if his belief was he was harming people by being around them. Which is a leap, but it's not outlandish. Luke in RotJ left his friends because he believed he would compromise the mission.

I agree TFA did a bad job, I'm not going to argue that point. But what would people expect from TLJ?
    I get what you are saying with what do you do with Luke after the TFA nonsense. The point is it never should have gotten there. That's why the entirity of the sequels are hot garbage.

Luke leaving his friends in ROTJ is not even close to the same thing. He left because he was a literal homing beacon that Vader and Palps could sense. That was Luke's reasoning. Not that it mattered because Palps knew what was happening with their mission anyways. Being a monk type character was the old Jedi mindset. In a way it gave way to Anakin becoming Vader. Yoda warned Luke of this with his attachments to his friends. Saw what it did to Anakin with Padme. But Luke fought through that and came out with a new understanding of how the Jedi could evolve. Attachments are not a hinderance and can be a strength.

The sequels totally erase all that with the garbage they put out. It's just bad. Palpatine coming back makes Anakin's sacrfice meaningless. It's like the OG movies don't matter at all.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,483 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    I get what you are saying with what do you do with Luke after the TFA nonsense. The point is it never should have gotten there. That's why the entirity of the sequels are hot garbage.

Luke leaving his friends in ROTJ is not even close to the same thing. He left because he was a literal homing beacon that Vader and Palps could sense. That was Luke's reasoning. Not that it mattered because Palps knew what was happening with their mission anyways. Being a monk type character was the old Jedi mindset. In a way it gave way to Anakin becoming Vader. Yoda warned Luke of this with his attachments to his friends. Saw what it did to Anakin with Padme. But Luke fought through that and came out with a new understanding of how the Jedi could evolve. Attachments are not a hinderance and can be a strength.

The sequels totally erase all that with the garbage they put out. It's just bad. Palpatine coming back makes Anakin's sacrfice meaningless. It's like the OG movies don't matter at all.
    I agree with the last paragraph fully. And it doesn't matter if Rian threw out JJ's plan. There's a hundred ways it could have been better. I mean really wouldn't it have been great for Kylo to just be the big bad? And get redeemed at the last minute realizing his mistakes. I also cannot believe they had the already clearly written and obvious option having the force ghost of anakin talk to him and instead went with Han Solo which makes no ****ing sense. Make another Sith Lord who was Snoke's Master step in that isn't Palpatine, just make him Darth, whatever and you can open up the movie with him knighting Kylo as Darth something or another. Bam I deleted Snoke and didn't need him.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,054 Posts
    My apologies for misunderstanding you were talking about your friend. I haven't lapped up everything Disney Star Wars related minus RoS. I don't care for Kenobi, Book of Boba Fett, I'm glad the Cara Dune project was cancelled because that was going to be ****. A handful of other projects that were intended for kids I never watched and I did watch Resistance but didn't really care about it except for I loved Donald Faison's rodian. And there were many comics and other things I haven't jumped in on. I Also am largely out on TFA now. I still can watch it but I realize how shallow it was and how much of a waste of a movie it was because 0 character development happened.

Prequel Hate wasn't just Phantom Menace. Attack of the Clones was hated. THe I don't like Sand has become memefied to what people like. But it was heavily criticized back then.

I"ve said it a billion times I wouldn't have written the Force Awakens the way they did. To me it was not the wisest choice to leave Luke on the sidelines and make a map to find him the MacGuffin. Especially when in the big picture of it, where the Empire already basically had everything mapped out so really the First Order could have been sending ships with probe droids to that area and have them scout all the areas for signs of him. I understand space is massive yada yada yada. But the fact it wasn't a strategy implies the First Order is so smart and powerfu lthey know exactly who has the map to skywalker but so dump they couldn't send probe droids to see the part of the map no one else had.

That being said with what happened in TFA you have to explain why Luke wasn't there. Why wasn't he hopping in his X-Wing when he felt millions of people die when they destroyed Hosnian Prime? Well if he's not connected to the force he wouldn't know they died, if he's totalled his X-Wing he wouldn't leave. All logical jumps and aren't a defeat of his character if his belief was he was harming people by being around them. Which is a leap, but it's not outlandish. Luke in RotJ left his friends because he believed he would compromise the mission.

I agree TFA did a bad job, I'm not going to argue that point. But what would people expect from TLJ?
    The more time that passes the more I've soured on TFA. The unforgivable thing to me is that the destruction of the New Republic made so much of the original trilogy pointless. The rebels struggle against the empire was rendered futile in seconds of screentime.

TLJ had a chance to fix this. Instead, about the only thing Johnson took from the first movie was the continued destruction of the original trilogy. Luke is a miserable failure of a Jedi, the New Republic is essentially gone and we're told they were evil to begin with, etc. There was so little regard for the original trilogy that Admiral Ackbar is given an off screen death.

It's to the point where I legit forget these movies exist when thinking of Star Wars canon. They're so bizarrely out of step with the rest of the saga that they are almost not even in the same story.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,905 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    The more time that passes the more I've soured on TFA. The unforgivable thing to me is that the destruction of the New Republic made so much of the original trilogy pointless. The rebels struggle against the empire was rendered futile in seconds of screentime.

TLJ had a chance to fix this. Instead, about the only thing Johnson took from the first movie was the continued destruction of the original trilogy. Luke is a miserable failure of a Jedi, the New Republic is essentially gone and we're told they were evil to begin with, etc. There was so little regard for the original trilogy that Admiral Ackbar is given an off screen death.

It's to the point where I legit forget these movies exist when thinking of Star Wars canon. They're so bizarrely out of step with the rest of the saga that they are almost not even in the same story.
    There's a large group of people that just ignore Disney's Star Wars and think this way. It's literally fan fiction.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    444 Posts
    I’m amazed that after all the negative feedback across the last three movies, Disney is still heading down that road with its upcoming films. We don’t want those characters with those storylines. Give us some new characters and new worlds with new stories

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,905 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I’m amazed that after all the negative feedback across the last three movies, Disney is still heading down that road with its upcoming films. We don’t want those characters with those storylines. Give us some new characters and new worlds with new stories
    They are trying with the whole High Republic era of content after TLJ and ROS got crapped on. The Acolyte is their first live action content from that time period.

I just don't think they know how to consistantly tell good stories in this universe that involve Jedi and The Force. Andor is good but completely absent of the fantasty of Star Wars. Rouge One was good but it was essentially a paint by numbers story in that the major plot points are spelled out in A New Hope so that story was almost already written for you. Mando Season 1 was good but fell off in season 2 and 3 was really meh. Now they are turning season 4 into a movie? Good luck.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    444 Posts
    They are trying with the whole High Republic era of content after TLJ and ROS got crapped on. The Acolyte is their first live action content from that time period.

I just don't think they know how to consistantly tell good stories in this universe that involve Jedi and The Force. Andor is good but completely absent of the fantasty of Star Wars. Rouge One was good but it was essentially a paint by numbers story in that the major plot points are spelled out in A New Hope so that story was almost already written for you. Mando Season 1 was good but fell off in season 2 and 3 was really meh. Now they are turning season 4 into a movie? Good luck.
    Rey is the next Star Wars movie. WE DO NOT WANT THAT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,935 Posts
    THEY WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT AND YOU WILL LIKE IT

and if not, Zito will tell you.
    Ivermectin Man

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,905 Posts
    Unless things have changed it's the Mando movie. But you are right about the Rey movie. Nobody wants that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,483 Posts

I mean what could TLJ do with the new republic? TFA literally killed the entire government. It would have taken so much effort and been too boring to like have Leia doing grunt work stomping up a government. Akhbar didn't die off screen, but I can understand the frustration there, the main focus of that scene was on the internal struggle of Kylo attempting to kill his mother and that debate. Akhbar's death was kind of a secondary point there. Again I can understand that frustration but he wasn't an offscreen death. No more than Tarkin, Yularen, etc. THat would go to people like General Dodonna.

To say that TLJ doesn't give respect to star wars is a sleight on knowledge of Star Wars. Aside from of course similar references (tons of references to movies that were influential to lucas) but it also includes references to Lucas's early treatments with Laser Swords, etc. Again I can understand your frustration, but you can see there is a significant care that was taken in TLJ from a strong filmmaker that isn't there in TFA or RoS which seem like they're fanfics that JJ did thinking more about appeasing the people who wanted a new version of the OT or prequels. Like the attempted hamfisting of memes in RoS pisses me off to no end. "tHeY FlY NoW?!?!?" is so ****ing bad.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,905 Posts
    I mean what could TLJ do with the new republic? TFA literally killed the entire government. It would have taken so much effort and been too boring to like have Leia doing grunt work stomping up a government. Akhbar didn't die off screen, but I can understand the frustration there, the main focus of that scene was on the internal struggle of Kylo attempting to kill his mother and that debate. Akhbar's death was kind of a secondary point there. Again I can understand that frustration but he wasn't an offscreen death. No more than Tarkin, Yularen, etc. THat would go to people like General Dodonna.

To say that TLJ doesn't give respect to star wars is a sleight on knowledge of Star Wars. Aside from of course similar references (tons of references to movies that were influential to lucas) but it also includes references to Lucas's early treatments with Laser Swords, etc. Again I can understand your frustration, but you can see there is a significant care that was taken in TLJ from a strong filmmaker that isn't there in TFA or RoS which seem like they're fanfics that JJ did thinking more about appeasing the people who wanted a new version of the OT or prequels. Like the attempted hamfisting of memes in RoS pisses me off to no end. "tHeY FlY NoW?!?!?" is so ****ing bad.
    You're almost there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,483 Posts
    Why would you be amazed? You first off don't speak for Star Wars fans. Neither do I, neither does anyone here. I fully expect that a Rey movie especially with some space to breath for kids who grew up with the sequels to be able to vocalize their praise for them. In 2010 you would have said no one wants to see an Obi Wan Kenobi show or see Hayden Christensen come back as Anakin but as the kids who grew up with these films age up into the fandom you're just wrong. THose kids want to see the characters they grew up with in more content.

If there's one thing I've learned about Star Wars is to never underestimate the power kids have on influencing the next generation. The reason the Fandom Menace was pushed off the prequels was because prequels kids grew up and threw their love of the film, and influenced the younger generation. Those fans have more represenation than OT only fans. Same will happen with Sequel Trilogy fans. I know you'll say I'm wrong, I don't really care, history repeats itself over and over again and we'll see it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,483 Posts

So first off, the next movie on the release docket right now is THe Mandalorian and Grogu set to release May 22 2026, the next 2 star wars films announced have release date of 12/18/26 and 12/16/27 with the theory being the first is Star Wars Episode X the one you think no one wants, and the latter probably being the Filoni Mandoverse tie in movie but it could be the James Mangold ancient Jedi film. But neither of those films have confirmed release dates.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    444 Posts
    Unless things have changed it's the Mando movie. But you are right about the Rey movie. Nobody wants that.
    You’re right. It’s the mando movie, then the Rey movie and then the movie that encompasses most of the tv shows.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,905 Posts
    4 episodes to go. I guess they are making Ki-Adi-Mundi a liar now? Or invovled in some kind of cover up? Let's see how it plays out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,483 Posts
    4 episodes to go. I guess they are making Ki-Adi-Mundi a liar now? Or invovled in some kind of cover up? Let's see how it plays out.
    Ki Adi-Mundi is clearly the main villain of the Prequels. If Yoda wasn't sent to Kashyyyk to help the wookies at his beckoning Yoda arrests Palps properly ending the Empire before it begins.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,905 Posts
    Ki Adi-Mundi is clearly the main villain of the Prequels. If Yoda wasn't sent to Kashyyyk to help the wookies at his beckoning Yoda arrests Palps properly ending the Empire before it begins.
    It's all beginning to make sense now. It was an inside job all along.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,483 Posts
    It's all beginning to make sense now. It was an inside job all along.
    An unwitting pawn to the might of the darkside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,054 Posts
    This most recent episode was better. We're finally getting more to the heart of things with the appearance of the master at the end of the episode.

They were strongly hinting the guy from The Good Place is the master but I think that's a red herring. I think it's Carrie-Ann Moss who isn't really dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,483 Posts
    This most recent episode was better. We're finally getting more to the heart of things with the appearance of the master at the end of the episode.

They were strongly hinting the guy from The Good Place is the master but I think that's a red herring. I think it's Carrie-Ann Moss who isn't really dead.
    I think you may be right. If the master is Indara and she was using Mae's past to fuel and knew the daggers wouldn't kill her, then it would make sense for it be her. What are the bigger motivations? WHo knows.

My guess is that Indara was the one who killed the witches it's been the prevailing conspiracy, how were all the witches dead before the fire consumed them. But it could be a witch or a member of the coven. THere were hooded guards, one of them could have been a dark side user.

But I think your'e right in that it is a Jedi, it's not Manny Jacinto's character (who's name I can't remember right now) and based on what we've seen all the people killed have something horrible to hide. Torbin took the Barash Vow, which means he was repenting for something, and his master was Indara so he must have been involved or witnessed something horrible. I do not recall if he was a jedi master when he took the vow. Did they call him master torbin? Cannot remember. Maybe the Barash Vow was related to his being taken over by the witches who knows.

Anyway. I also believe there's a gender swap by subtle clues in the episode. When Osha says he....they when unsure about Bazil's gender. As Bazil was a species unfamiliar to Osha. Mae seems so firmly sure that the master is a man that it has to be a woman. Based on the subtle clues given.